Thursday, February 18, 2010

pg 160-161/163 #9

pg160 #1

Since our college is closing its dining hall, we wanted to do something to help the students prepare their own food in their dorm rooms. We were looking through the Collegiate Magazine when your microwave ad caught our eye. However, before we make a decision we need the following information:

1. Would you be able to ship the microwaves by August 15?
2. Do the microwaves have any kind of warranty?
3. How much will they cost and do you give a discount for a big order?
4. Do we have to provide a special outlet?
5. Will students know how to use them, or will we need to provide instructions?

We are currently operating under a tight timeline and would appreciate any information from you as soon as possible. We look forward to talking with you soon.



pg 163 #9

5493 Beechwood Drive
Trenton, NJ 08608
April 12, 2009

Florida Resort Bureau
1555 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Dear Sir:

My wife and I are planning a late September vacation with our two teenage children and your advertisement about Florida resorts in the April 2009 issue of Smithsonian magazine caught my eye.

Looking through the different types of resorts, I am really interested in the ones that have golf courses and are close to the beach. However, I would also like to be near night entertainment suitable for the whole family. Also, I am particularly interested in resort areas that have public transportation available; some family members may want to participate in activities away from the resort.

I would also like more information about the following:

1. Which resorts are near large cities?
2. Which resorts are within reach by public transportation?
3. Which resorts have attractions for teenagers?
4. Do off-season rates include all the amenities?
5. How are the weather conditions in Florida during the Month of September?
6. Who should we call for concert schedules during our vacation?

Finally, it is important that I receive any information in the next two weeks so I can schedule my time off from work in the fall. My family and I hope to hear from you soon.

Frank C. Atlas

No comments:

Post a Comment